341 N. Science Park Road
State College, PA 16803
to view it.
Act now and save! KINBER members receive discounts when they sign service agreements
prior to June 30, 2013.
KINBER is offering a variety of services to its members during PennREN's inaugural
- • Dark Fiber
- • 1G Ethernet Port Connection
- • 10G Ethernet Port Connection
- • Commodity Internet
- • 1G Ethernet Point-to-Point
- • 10G Ethernet Point-to-Point
- • 10G Lambda Point-to-Point
Want to learn more? Contact staff at
to view it.
for pricing and details specific to your organization's needs.
PennREN Acceptable Use Policy
- Participation in the PennREN Network (“PennREN”) is available to members of KINBER
in good standing.
- A member subscribing to PennREN services (customer) may make access to the PennREN
Network available only to persons in the following categories, such persons to be
selected by the member: (i) its students; (ii) members of its faculty; (iii) its
employees; (iv) other individuals that normally have access to member’s networks
when member judges those individuals to fall within the spirit of the PennREN Network
Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), and (v) any other person with the prior written consent
- In selecting the persons who will have access to the PennREN Network, each member
shall seek to ensure that the expected traffic over the PennREN Network to and from
such persons will conform to the PennREN Network AUP. The PennREN Network AUP may
be modified from time to time by KINBER. Each participant shall inform the persons
to whom it has provided access about the PennREN Network AUP.
- KINBER reserves the right to interrupt, suspend or reduce service to any member
or any other person, when such action is necessary in KINBER’s sole judgment. KINBER
will endeavor where reasonably possible to provide advance notice to the member
of any such interruption suspension, or reduction. As soon as possible following
the interruption, suspension, or reduction KINBER will contact the member in an
attempt to resolve any problems and restore service. If requested by KINBER, member
agrees to temporarily suspend some or all of its traffic and collaborate to resolve
any problems. Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms of participation,
KINBER shall not be liable to any member or any other person for any error in transmission
or for any interruption or termination of participation, either partial or total,
either intentional or accidental (including any error, interruption or termination
due to the deliberate misconduct or negligence of any person), whether or not prior
notice of any such interruption or termination has been given.
- Each member is responsible for all arrangements, both contractual and physical,
for establishing its connection to the PennREN Network. Such arrangements include,
but are not limited to, providing, operating, and maintaining the equipment necessary
for connection to the PennREN Network. Although such arrangements are the member’s
responsibility, KINBER will provide advice and assistance as available, and KINBER
has the right to object to any arrangement that it deems inconsistent with the objectives
or the successful operation of the PennREN Network.
- Members are responsible for establishing and maintaining their own access security,
including the security of user identification, passwords, and any other confidential
information related to their use of PennREN. Members’ security standards for access
to the PennREN Network must conform to the PennREN Network AUP.
- Each member shall promptly notify KINBER of any known or suspected unauthorized
use of its access to the PennREN Network and of any known or suspected breach of
security. The PennREN Network Operations Center (“PennREN NOC”) will notify the
member of any known breach of or challenge to the PennREN Network potentially affecting
- Each member shall promptly notify KINBER (via the PennREN NOC) of errors, system
failures, or other interruptions in service of the PennREN Network.
- The PennREN network is provided on an as is, as available basis, without warranties
of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties
of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. KINBER
expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the KINBER network will
be error-free, secure, or uninterrupted. No statement, oral or written, given by
KINBER, any of its employees, or any other person will create a warranty, nor may
any participant rely on any such statement for any purpose.
- A member may not assign any of its rights or obligations under its Service Agreement
to any other person without KINBER’s written consent.
PennREN Operating Level and Service Objectives
See the PennREN
Operating Level and Service Objectives (PDF)