KINBER is a nonprofit membership organization that provides broadband connectivity,
fosters collaboration, and promotes the innovative use of digital technologies among
learning, health, media and other anchor institutions that improve the quality of
life for communities in Pennsylvania through research, education and public service.
The network will:
• reduce technology barriers that currently impede the delivery of quality education
and healthcare services throughout Pennsylvania;
• provide an asset to local communities to leverage as building blocks to expand
broadband capabilities in surrounding communities;
• allow rural communities to establish a level playing field for the attraction
of new residents and businesses;
• address the competitive disadvantages with all our surrounding states which currently
have education and research networks stopping at our borders;
• increase opportunities for our research institutions to obtain competitive grants.